Friday, July 22, 2011

Andrew Peterson in the Peoria IL Area

Well hello again. :)  I don't usually double post in a day, but I have some exciting news.

Andrew Peterson, Christian recording artist and author of the Wingfeather Saga (On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness, North! Or Be Eaten, and The Monster in the Hollows) is coming to Central IL this Sunday Evening.  So if any of you will be in the Peoria area, the concert will be held at Springfield Road Baptist Church, and it starts at 5:30pm.

But that's not the best part, friends!!

The best part is that my church's worship team is opening the night, AND I WILL BE SINGING WITH THEM!!!  ^_^  *dances around in happiness and awe*  Yep, I'm totally stoked.  First meeting Andrew Peterson this Sunday, and then a book signing by Brock Eastman in August, all within 45 minutes of my house and all within biking distance of my church. :)  God is so amazing, I'm just in total awe of how he works!!

Actually, it's really interesting because I started reading "North! Or Be Eaten" about a month ago when a friend lent me her copy of the book.  I'd heard of the series, but I couldn't find it in bookstores (for some weird reason) and I'm still a little wary of buying things off the internet.  Of course I love the song "Dancing in the Minefields" that plays on my local Christian Radio station, but I honestly didn't know that the author and the recording artist were the same person until two weeks ago.  Then I downloaded a CD, and fell in love with it (I've been singing the songs from it all week).

The fact that Mr. Peterson has done and been all of these things is totally inspiring for me for several reasons.  One -- I am a christian fantasy writer who wants to touch people with my books, and Two -- I am also a singer/songwriter looking to someday record my art.  Music and writing go hand in hand for me: I can't have one without the other, and I can't choose between them.  I'm studying for degrees in both Music and English because I can't separate my love for both arts; they've just melded together and refuse to be parted.  Some people have told me I should do one or the other, but now I know that I'm truly not alone; there are others out there who have done both and been successful, so why can't I pursuit all three of my "loves" (Music/singing/songwriting, Creative writing/English, and Painting/Drawing) and be successful at all of them?  Seriously, why  not?

Then I find out that Mr. Peterson is coming to Peoria for a concert, and then the worship leader at my church tells me that he wants me to sing with the church band this Sunday evening to open that self same concert.

I'm telling you, GOD IS SO AMAZING. :)  See how He works?  See how awesome He is?  He knows the desires of our hearts; He wants to tell us how much he loves us... and He does it in ways we never saw coming!

I can't wait until Sunday evening!!!!

2 comments:

Robert Treskillard said...

That sounds like a fun evening! You'll have to share all the details... I've been *waiting* for Andrew to come to St. Louis, and he finally is, but not for his own concert, but to open for Steven Curtis Chapman. This means there will be less AP and more $$$ to get in.

Star-Dreamer said...

Thanks Robert. :) I'll try to post the details before too long.

Yeah, Mr. Peterson told me he was opening for Seven Curtis Chapman, but I didn't know that would be in St. Louis. :) How exciting!!!